Monday, February 18, 2008

Newest Necklace





Black, Peach and Rose Gemstone Donut Wire Wrapped Pendant with Matching Necklace
This stone donut was given to me and while I do not know what stone it is, I do know it is beautiful. Deep rose and pink patches swirl amid a black background.The pendant was created using this stone, 2 Czech fire polished beads and a black square stone. All components were wire wrapped together using Sterling Silver wire. Similar Sterling wire was used to make the hand created clasp.
The necklace is a 17 inch choker made of thousands of seed beads in a modified Cellini spiral. Peach, rose and black beads were used to match the donut colors.The pendant alone measures 1 7/8 x 4 3/4 inches.
I had a lot of fun creating this piece. As usual, it took me longer to decided on the components and design than it actually took to make. Matching the colors in this beautiful stone was a challenge but I think I met it.

No comments: