Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Etsy Beadweavers October Challenge Entry




October's challenge theme is monochromatic. It was not hard to pick a color when I went to my bead stash. Purple of course! When I first started beading, purple was so hard to find that I still snap up any that I see.




Deciding what to do with all those purple beads was another story. I considered a lariat but with all my other projects it seemed to overwhelming. I usually have pretty good luck with freeform, so I settled into creating a freeform Peyote bracelet.




Three days later after a lot of tugging and taking out mistakes, I finally finished it. I am pleased with how it turned out. I think it is a piece that stands half a chance of getting a few votes against all the beautiful pieces created by the members of Esty Beadweavers Street Team. I've posted my entry. Now all I have to do is wait for the vote!

More pictures and a better description can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7346823

No comments: