Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Locked Away



I have been in a creative slump lately. We will blame the weather here in cold and snowy Western New York. Have to blame something. It's certainly not my fault! Yesterday I decided enough was enough, and I had to get back into the studio and work. The 3 pieces you see above are the results.
The first picture is of a hand wrapped and hammered Copper bracelet. I've seen similar bracelets and wanted to try my hand at making one. It came out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.
The second item is a piece of blue glass that I purchased from a little boy selling beach glass. It is quite large for beach glass, but who is going to question a cute little kid? He said he combs the beaches of Lake Erie for stuff to sell. I bought quite a few of his glass pieces. This one turned into quite a nice pendant with the addition of a little Copper.
The third photo is my favorite. I know exactly where this piece came from. I picked it out of an old dumping sight on our land. Our sandy soil and years of rain have worn it down, but it is still so pretty I thought it deserved a bit more life. It is wire wrapped in Sterling Silver.
All three pieces can be purchased from our Etsy shop. The link is to the right.

No comments: