Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh Boy Did I Have Fun!



Months ago I purchased some liquid "glass" and made some faux dichroic glass. I was semi pleased with the results and stuck it all away not really knowing what to do with it. While at the craft store I found some nice new polymer clay colors and face molds. I just had to have them even though polymer clay and I haven't gotten along in the past. Over the week end I molded some faces and played with them a bit before baking. I added some pigment powders and gold or silver leafing then put them in to harden.
So, there I was with faces and again, I didn't quite know what to do with them. Then I had one of those "Ah-ha" moments (no, not the Oprah kind, the crafting kind). I put the two things together with a little glue and some yarn and Ta-Dah!!! Pins! Two of them are shown here. There may be more in the future depending on the response I get from these. They are kind of silly, and definitely one of a kind!

No comments: