Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Peek At the Hummingbird



So many have asked about the Ruby Throated Hummingbird that I decided to give you a tease. This is a photo of the one that is sold. The next one is in line on my "To do" list. His cousin the Lucifer Hummer is pretty, but I am partial to this guy. He's what folks in my neck of the woods think of when you say Hummingbird.

I have one of Dragon's Cardinals on the bead board now. It should be done later today. I say should because I never know what I am going to find to distract myself with. Yesterday it was straightening out the garage so we can park the car inside. Frosty nights are just a blink away.

I found Rose Gold earring findings when I was out shopping this week. The last time I saw that color of Gold was on our trip home from California back in the 80's. I believe they called it "Black Hills Gold". I'm sure it has been around, but I've not seen it in jewelry items. With the craft being so popular at the moment, I'm sure manufacturers are scrambling to come up with new ideas. I will combine it with bright gold and some sparkling
Swarovski Crystals. Again... on my "to do" list. Maybe I should get off the computer and start "to doing".

5 comments:

Kay said...

The hummingbirds are stunning! Beautiful work.

Stef H said...

wow! awesome!!!!

hugs,

Robin Hartman said...

That is so beautiful!

Heart's Desire Beading Company said...

Awesome!!!! I would love to get one for my mom, dare I ask how much?

~Debra

Sandy said...

The Hummingbird necklaces run around $90.00 give or take. It depends on what kind of necklace they are mounted on.