Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All Time Favorite Necklace

If you are a crafter, you  more than likely have items that turn out so-so, some you stick away for a re-do and then there are those that make your heart jump.   The necklace I am featuring today is was a WOW moment from the minute I saw the focal bead on Etsy.

I have had the necklace finished  for over a year now and it just did not seem right.  Originally I strung it on flexible wire.  It was okay but I wasn't happy with it.   This week I finally sat down with it.  After staring at the necklace for a long time I finally worked up the nerve to cut the wire and start over.  This time I used black cording.  It was stretchy enough to pull on it while I tightened it down and then the "ugly" ends slid right back inside the beaded tubes.  Yahoo!  I'ts nice and snug and much nicer to the touch than the original.

If you have time, go check it out.   Just click on either picture.  I wish I could keep it, but it really needs to find a better home.  One with a pretty neck to really show it off!






5 comments:

Joshy and belle said...

its lovely, really pretty! fliss xx

beyondbaffled said...

Beautiful! I love the colors :)

Kay said...

Beautiful! Great work.

Artifax said...

Gorgeous necklace! Love the mixture of colors in it! And I know what you mean about artists having a stash of items that just need a little something in some way...I have a whole drawer ;)

beyondbaffled said...

Just wanted to let you know that when I got home my earrings had arrived! They are so lovely! I'm already wearing a pair of them right now. I can't wait to show them off at work tomorrow! Thanks again :)