Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Twist

Here is a new twist on one of my old stand-bys.  I found myself with a package of rather blah yellow lilies.  They are okay, but they just don't "pop" when made into earrings.  At least they don't for me.  I'm not much of a yellow lover to begin with.  I had one of those "what if" moments the other day.  What if I stained the tips of these with a non water based pigment?  The first couple of attempts are in the trash can, but eventually I got it to work.  It worked so well, I got out some green lilies and tried it with them too.  



This pair is purple on the green



This pair is red on yellow.  

I had fun turning plain flowers into something with a little more pizazz.  Hope you like them!

Don't miss out on a chance to win my destash giveaway.  Click HERE to enter.



5 comments:

LittleGemsbyKari said...

fun!

Lafe's Hidden Treasures said...

so pretty and very creative

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh your mind is always working. what a fabulous idea and absolutely gorgeous result!

beyondbaffled said...

I love it as usual!

Kay said...

How pretty! You rose beautifully to the challenge. Good job!