Sunday, February 8, 2009

An Item A Day - Day 5 - A Change of Pace


Well, here we are at day 5 of my 30 day self challenge.    Just for some variety, today I have posted one of my sculpted Swarovski Crystal trees. This was a collaboration between my hubby and me.  I scuplt the trees, mount them to their bases and felt the bottoms.  Don adds the crystals when I am finished.    I'm afraid I haven't mastered the technique of photographing sparkling things yet.  I wish I could grab the twinkle of these trees with my camera!


Over 80 Sparkling Amethyst Swarovski crystals were used to create this one of a kind wire tree. 

Tarnish resistant silver colored wire is hand twisted into a rustic, natural looking tree. Then each crystal is individually put in place. 

The piece is mounted on a small great rock I picked up from a prehistoric lake bed. 

The entire piece stands about 4 1/2 tall. The base of the rock measures 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches. 

The bottom is covered in felt where it will sit to protect your furniture or glass shelf. These trees look absolutely dazzling in a lit show case!

No comments: