Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Favorite Designer - Dragon

Well, I told you in the last post that I was working on a special beaded project and here it is.  Just click on the picture for more information.



This beautiful pattern was designed by Dragon of  Unique Beaded Jewelry.  I love every pattern I have ever purchased from them.  They are so easy to follow!  I've never made a mistake due to the pattern.  That's not to say they are easy to make.  Most of the patterns are intricate but the ease in reading them makes for a steady flow in the construction.  I finished off the upper edge and clasp a bit differently than the pattern calls for.   I also had to add rows because the pattern is based on a size 11 seed bead which is much easier to use.   The smaller bead made for a more petite necklace.

This is the first patterned fringe necklace from Dragon that I have made.  In the past I have made several 3D birds.  Some of you may remember them, but just in case you do not, here are a few pictures.



The first Hummingbird and the Cardinal are constructed exactly as Dragon presented them except, again, I used size 15 beads.  The 3rd bird is one I used the original pattern for but changed the colors to be more like a Texas Hummingbird.

If you like beading, especially with seed beads, I highly recommend you take some time to go through Dragon's web site.  Along with wonderful pattern and graphs there are free patterns and stitch instructions.  You can order downloadable patterns or complete kits.  Even if you don't bead, its' worth the trip on over just to see the wonderful things available.  Be sure not to miss the Bead Gallery!



4 comments:

Stef H said...

oh that necklace is gorgeous! and those birds are .... WOW!

Ntxwriter said...

Beautiful beadwork!

Arctida said...

Truly beautiful beadwork!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your art is amazing! What a beautiful job you do on your projects...I'm in awe!
Hugs,
Coralie