Friday, August 20, 2010

Terra Firma - Browns for Fall

I noticed today that it was still dark when I was making breakfast at 05:30.  It was even dark when I went to bed last night at 9 pm.  Ah.... the days are getting shorter.  Cooler weather WILL arrive here in Western New York eventually.  Something wonderful to look forward to.  I can't wait for the hot, sticky weather to be behind us this year.  It seems like this Summer has been horribly long and I have a little air conditioner that at least keeps the inside bearable.

Fall is just around the corner and with it comes the new fashions.  They are out in the stores now.  According to the color forecast there is a whole palate of wonderful colors this year.  If you are following my posts, you have seen some of them already.  Today's collection centers around the earthen, terra firma colors, or in laymen's terms - browns.

I just love searching for coordinated items for my virtual wardrobe.  There's no way I could afford - or wear most of the items I pick.  It's still fun to "window shop".   Here are some of the wonderful items I found to go with a basic brown dress.  Many of them would make unique handmade gifts for folks on my shopping list.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy. I know you all in NY had a horrible winter, but paleeeese don't remind the cold. I love your wish pics. Isn't it funny when we were kids we'd get the Penny's and Sear's catalogs and circle our wish things....I never thought of that via internet......wow...it's mind-boggling. 8/ I'm off in search for my wish list............