Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dichroic Glass Necklace



Going through my stash yesterday, I came across this lovely dicroic pendant I had purchased at least a year ago. I intended to wire wrap it, but after doing that with a similar piece I decided not to cover any of it's beauty this time.

As luck would have it, I also had some glass beads with much the same effect as the pendant. They almost look like they were made for each other. Truth is, I purchased them in two different cities several hundred miles apart, so I doubt the same person made them.

The black beads are rescued beads. They were headed for the land fill on a very ugly, broken, old pices of jewelry. I try to find these treasures every time I come across a garage sale or flea market. I used to find tons of it but these days flea market vendors want retail prices, so much of it stays with them.

It's another dark, dreary day here. I still have to sew the backing on the Native American style choker I'm making. It's so tedious. I also discovered I don't have everything I need to finish it, so the stitching has come to a stand-still. I really need someone to light a stick of dynamite under me or something. Just can't get my rear in gear as they say.

Hope you all have a great day. The sale offered yesterday is still good.

Here is the link to today's necklace.


No comments: