Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sabboth Lilies



I was sitting here this morning after watching the glitter in my lawn fade away feeling both joy and boredom.   Here is is Easter Sunday and I'm wandering around this big house talking to the cat.  DH had to work.  He's a Registered Respiratory Thearapitst and has ALWAYS had to work week ends.  I did too for 23 years.  We're used to it.  Still....  no car so no church, no company, and no Easter basket.  We did splurge on a small peanut butter egg from the candy store.  I don't know about you folks, but I can't afford chocolate any more.  $25 a pound?  common.......

So, I did what I always do when I'm bored. I dug out my beads and started messing around with them.  I started making jewelry as a beadweaver making Indian designs.  I've wandered away from that for now but I decided to try some beadweaving techniques with the floral beads I have.  Well, after several false starts, I managed to come up with a beaded caylex for them.  I matched the stamen and vola - flowers.  I named them Sabboth Lilies because they were created on the Sabboth.  I hope lightening doesn't strike!

2 comments:

Gossamer Creations said...

Very pretty earrings, I love the beading. What a nice way to spend the day. I hope you have a lovely week.
~Sue~

Stef H said...

WOW! Like totally WOW!

Hugs,