Friday, January 15, 2010

Some Pretties For Valentine's Day







With less than a month to go I was cutting it pretty close by just getting these new items listed. I had picked out a lot of heart charms on Etsy several weeks prior, but I had to wait for the money to come in before I could commit to purchasing it. Luckily, no one beat me to it and once the money hit my PayPal account, I bought it. Then of course, there was the wait for the USPS to deliver it. Luckily, I found a seller who ships promptly and they arrived quickly.

Normally I have a hard time getting excited over making anything for Valentine's Day. It's pretty much just another day in the year here. Way back at the beginning of our marriage I started getting the excuse of "I didn't have any money" instead of a gift and that's pretty much how it's always been. A romantic my DH is not! This year I felt I at least had to give it a stab, thus the order for the hearts. When they arrived I was thrilled. I didn't realize they were going to have spaces for stones to be set, but they did. Not only that, I actually had Swarovski Crystals that fit! I went to bed late that night because I just had to get them all set. It's a diversion from my normal beaded items, but I was thrilled with the results. Above are some examples. The rest can be seen either on my Etsy or Art Fire pages.

I sure hope there are some more romantically inclined hubbies out there who will buy something. That would really make my Valentine's Day special this year.

2 comments:

Stef H said...

oh these are beautiful. i love the 2 silver ones!

hugs :)

Devon said...

I love them they are all very pretty...and just perfect for valentines day..