Monday, July 13, 2009

Flying All Day


I didn't think I'd ever have time to get to the computer today. We are in the process of setting up a second, shared booth at the craft market for our Christmas stuff. Of course, everything is neatly packed away (not!) At least the merchandise is. The trimmings were just shoved in where ever they fit when we tore down last year. Thursday was set as the day to set it all up, so there is precious little time to find and check through everything. I hit the floor running at 5 am and didn't stop until dinner time.

I do not do jewelry for Christmas. Ornaments are so much more fun. Beaded ornaments don't sell well because of the time involved. I pictured one so you get an idea of what I make. The big sellers are my hand painted balls and of course I don't have a picture of one of those. Lower priced plastic beaded ornaments go well also. I "cheat" and throw in some stuffed animals by Russ Berrie. There's not enough time in the day to make every single thing. As long as it's okay with the co-op, it's okay with me.

Don't forget to send in your suggestion for the next give away I have. I have some pretty passionate pleas for certain items, so if you want your desire known, speak up!


7 comments:

Linda . J said...

Beautiful bauble Sandy and fantastic colour
Love the gorgeous designs and detail! Wish I had a tree full.

Hugs Linda

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Beautiful!!!

Stef H said...

oh my goodness! this took my breath away. i love stuff like this and this is way to gorgeous for words. i am speechless! i love, love, love it. a smaller version for a necklace - oh i can see it now! i just love it.

i hope you get to relax tho'.

hugs,

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Sandi honey, I found your blog and I have to tell you this is the most beautiful blue ornament I do believe I have ever seen. Just absolutely beautiful. You do very nice work. I am going to sign up to follow your blog as I definitely want to come back. Please stop by and say hi. I would love for you to sign up and follow as well. Country Hugs, Sherry

mishap said...

Beaded ornaments are beautiful, but you are right they are a lot of work

LostRiverRags said...

Gorgeous!!! Very elegant and Victorian!

Unknown said...

hi sandy, thanks for finding my blog, i hope you enjoy my random acts of craft. in the meantime i will continue to completely admire your fine skills of beading and wire craft. a true artisan has nimble fingers & a peacful soul. many blessings, jade (holi goddess)