Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Not Just Beads





Yesterday I spent the entire day cleaning, tagging and packing up the Christmas merchandise. I didn't quite finish ARGH, so today I get to continue. Tomorrow is the set up day, so it behooves me to get my rear in gear.

As I worked my way through the tubs of stuff, I came across these ornaments I painted several years ago. I thought perhaps you might like to see I can do something other than beading. My talents at painting are limited to what I can do following Donna Dewberry's videos on One Stroke. Most of the ornaments have roses as shown. Some have grapes because we sell on the Chautauqua Wine Trail. Before wine took over, our area was a big provider for your breakfast table by producing the grapes for Welches. But, I digress.... I also found two tubs of blank ornaments just begging to be painted. Michaels had a sale one year that I couldn't resist and I went sort of crazy buying clear and colored ornaments to paint on. I probably won't be able to get to them all in a lifetime.

I'm off to finish my chore. Oh, if it were just the only one on the list!

6 comments:

LittleGemsbyKari said...

very pretty!

Cathy Nichols Art said...

Hi Sandy. Thank you for following me on my blog. It's nice to visit you & to see your beautiful ornaments!! Good for you for getting ready for the holidays so early!!!

Sandy said...

Cathy,

It's not that I'm getting ready as much as it is I'm getting desperate! Our building looks empty so we are trying to fill space while making it inviting. Christmas was the only thing people had packed away. We could just pull it out and set it up without further investment. It's called "cheap, cheap, cheap"!

Katidids said...

Oh My that is beautiful! Will they be in you etsy shop?

Sandy said...

If I can get more painted I will put some on my Forbes Farm page. Right now all the ornaments are headed for the craft market. I will do special orders for anyone interested.

Linda . J said...

Wow Sandy these are just beautiful and love the way you coloured them.
Hugs Linda